topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Woodside ESD |  AR  6145.6  Instruction

International Exchange   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow


In order to approve the admission of an international exchange student, the Superintendent or designee must receive a written request for enrollment before the end of the preceding school year. Enrollment shall be for one year only.

(cf. 5111.2 - Nonresident Foreign Students)

All international exchange students shall meet state and district immunization requirements.

(cf. 5141.22 - Infectious Diseases)

(cf. 5141.31 - Immunizations)


International exchange students shall be eligible for participation in interscholastic sports in accordance with state bylaws of the California Interscholastic Federation as well as applicable section bylaws.

(cf. 6145 - Extracurricular and Cocurricular Activities)

(cf. 6145.2 - Athletic Competition)


International exchange students may be considered for a diploma if they have satisfactorily completed the district's graduation requirements.

(cf. 6146.1 - High School Graduation Requirements)

(cf. 6146.11 - Alternative Credits Toward Graduation)

(cf. 6146.3 - Reciprocity of Academic Credit)

International exchange students who are not eligible for a regular diploma may receive an honorary diploma, provided they have completed at least one semester of full-time enrollment and achieved at least a 2.0 grade point average.

(cf. 5127 - Graduation Ceremonies and Activities)

At the discretion of the Superintendent or designee, international exchange students who do not meet requirements for a regular or an honorary diploma may, at the end of their visit, be given a letter certifying the time period for which they were enrolled.


approved: February 12, 2013 Woodside, California